Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Week Before...test


Hello Everyone:
This is a both a test entry into my blog and a list of my itinerary for the upcoming trip to South East Asia. All you do is log on as often (or not) as you like to see what we are up to.  I will also try to post photos as much as possible.  
One week from now I will be heading for SFO and beginning a six week trip throughout Southeast Asia.  This is a "best of" trip to places we have been before, hoping to visit old favorites and also to discover some new ones.  Bob and Vivian Vaughan, two of my best and oldest friends will beat me there by one day and meet me at the airport in Thailand.  

After a few days in Bangkok we will travel across land to Cambodia and visit Ankor Wat in Siem Riep, one of my all time favorite places, bar none. Then it's down to explore islands off the southwest coast of Cambodia for some snorkel and sun time.  Rested, we'll take our less white bodies to Bangkok, for an overnight train down the peninsula... again checking out some new islands away from the tourist crowds off the southwest coast of Thailand.  From here we will cross the border into Melaysia, again check out some islands off the west coast and then to Koala Lampur to take a flight to Bali.  Marlene will arrive in Bali one day before we do and meet us at the airport where we will all take off to Ubud and spend two weeks revisiting favorite sites and exploring new places in Bali and perhaps a side trip to Lombok, the island east of Bali.  Of course we will have to indulge ourselves with all the good food and massages along the way.  Perhaps you will derive some pleasure by checking in from time to time.  Some day I would love to lead a trip or two to these places with you, my friends.  That would be sweet.  You will notice once you check into the blog that there is also a way for you to respond ...or you can just use my usual email which I will continue to check as often as possible.  Until then...   Mark

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home